Well these are certainly NOT for my 7 month old and thankfully, because my husband doesn’t like alcohol in food, they’re all for ME! I think I deserve them, I’ve been working really hard on keeping my baby alive for a whole 7 months now…
The recipe is the same as the date and cashew balls, with added Baileys! These are so creamy and far too moreish!…
- 250g dates (sticky dates, like medjool)
- 1.5 cups of cashews
- 1tbs vanilla essence
- 2-3tbs raw cacao powder
- 1tbs maple syrup (optional)
- 2-3tbs Baileys (I guess you could use any other spirit or liquor you prefer)
- Start off my blending the cashews for a minute or so.
- Add the dates and blend again until they’ve really broken down and mixed in with the nuts.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until a smooth sticky mixture is formed.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon out some mixture and roll it into a ball using your hands (I like to wear disposable gloves for this as it’s messy!), place the on a plate and continue until you’ve used it all up.
- I rolled mine in dessicated coconut (I needed to be able to easily distinguish the alcoholic truffles from the babies!).
- Place in the fridge to set for a couple of hours.
- These should keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks or the freezer for a little longer (as if they won’t all be gone in a couple of days!).