It was Sunday morning and we had no plans until a meal at 2pm so we needed a decent breakfast to keep us going… pancakes was the obvious choice! I love pancakes!
I just decided to wing it this time and make a random mix up and here is what I got! They were good!
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 bananas
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1tsp baking powder
- Stick a frying pan on the hob with some olive oil to heat up, mine’s electric and I use the highest setting.
- Place all your ingredients in the blender and blend until you get a smooth batter consistency.
- Using a large spoon, spoon your batter mix into the frying pan to make small pancakes, I can usually fit two in at once.
- Once they’ve been in there for a minute or so flip them over and cook until they’re a nice brown colour on each side.
- I tend to stick the grill or the oven on low so I can pile them up in there and keep them warm until I’ve used all my batter.
I served mine with a variety of toppings!
I then had one with some homemade jam and a dollop of yoghurt (I used a recipe from last year but I used raspberries, black currants and red currants from our garden).
Hope you enjoy the pancakes!