I promised to share this recipe after I’d ‘taste tested’ my bars! I wanted to make some granola bars for breakfast as they’re easy to eat with one hand whilst breastfeeding your baby (and require no preparation in the morning). I wanted some that would really fill me up give me lots of energy and these certainly do that!
Makes 16-20 bars (depending how big you like them).
- 200g gluten free oats
- 2 cups almonds (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 4 tbs chia seeds
- 1 jar clean peanut butter (I think any nut butter would work here but I used a 280g jar of crunchy Meridian peanut butter)
- 1.5 cups honey (raw honey is best)
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- In a saucepan melt the peanut butter and honey on a low heat
- Using a food processor pulse your almonds until they’re chopped (if you’re not careful they will turn to flour)
- Break up your walnuts in the food processor too – carefully as these break up into a flour easier
- Measure out 200g of oats into a large bowl
- Add in the rest of your dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Once your peanut butter and honey has melted mix it into your dry ingredients thoroughly
- Now place the whole lot into your tray – I use a silicone mould that’s approx 20cm square
- Place in the oven on 160degress and bake for 30 minutes (until browned on the top)
Once you’ve removed your tray from the oven let it fully cool before cutting up into desired sized pieces and store in a tin.