I’m not sure if I made these for my baby boy, or for me!… Either way, we both seem to love them. It’s the clean up job after he ate one that I didn’t love (have you ever tried cleaning sticky dates from in between a 7 month olds fingers?).
These are super easy to whip up and last in the fridge a fair while (if you don’t eat them all). They’re a great snack to grab in a hurry or take out with you for when you get the munchies!
- 250g dates (sticky dates, like medjool)
- 1.5 cups of cashews
- 1tbs vanilla essence
- 2-3tbs raw cacao powder
- 1tbs maple syrup (optional)
- Start off by blending the cashews for a minute or so.
- Add the dates and blend again until they’ve really broken down and mixed in with the nuts.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until a smooth sticky mixture is formed.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon out some mixture and roll it into a ball using your hands (I like to wear disposable gloves for this as it’s messy!), place them on a plate and continue until you’ve used it all up.
- Stick them in the fridge to set for a couple of hours.
- These should keep in the fridge for a couple of weeks or the freezer for a little longer.
- You could roll them in chopped nuts, cacao powder or dessicated coconut, this helps prevent them from sticking to one another and makes them extra tasty!