I’ve been craving the raw almond balls I made the other week but fancied adding a twist to them this time. I had some fresh mint I needed to use up so I decided to experiment with some minty chocolate balls this time. I had to wait until my husband came home from work so he could take over baby duty and let me get in the kitchen, I did plan to make them whilst my little boy had his afternoon nap but I fell asleep with him, oops!
- 1 cup almonds
- 18 medjool dates
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut (more required to roll in)
- 1/3 cup dried mango
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 3 tbs raw cacao powder
- 2 tbs nut butter
- Large handful of fresh mint
Method (makes approx 18 balls):
- Remove the stones from the medjool dates and soak half of them in freshly boiled water for 15 minutes.
- Take the rest of the dates and blend in your food processor with the almonds until the nuts are chopped up small.
- Drain the dates you’ve been soaking and add to the mix along with the rest of your ingredients and blend until you get a smooth sticky mixture.
- Once it’s all mixed together nicely take a tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball using your hands and then roll them in dessicated coconut, do this until you run out of mixture (should make approx 18 balls).
- Now put your balls into the freezer to set for an hour or so.
Keep your balls in the fridge or freezer, depending on your preferred texture and how long you intend to store them for. I don’t know how long they will last in the fridge (I eat them too quickly!) but I’d guess a week at most.