Mmm these taste delicious! They taste a lot naughtier than they are! They’re little truffles of goodness.
Ingredients (make approx 18 balls)
- 18 medjool dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tbs almond butter
- 3tbs cacao powder
- 2tbs chia seeds
- 1/3 cup goji berries
- 1 tbs pure maple syrup
- Dessicated coconut to roll in
- Remove the stones from all of the medjool dates and soak half of them in freshly boiled water for 15 minutes.
- Take the rest of the dates and almonds and blend in your food processor until the nuts are chopped up small.
- Drain the dates you’ve been soaking and add to the mix.
- Add the almond butter, goji berries, cacao powder, chia seeds and maple syrup and blend again until you get a smooth sticky mixture. This may take up to 5 minutes depending on your blender until it looks something like this:
- Once it’s all mixed together nicely take a tablespoon of mixture and roll into a ball using your hands before rolling it in dessicated coconut, do this until you run out of mixture (should make approx 18 balls).
- Now put your balls into the fridge or freezer to set for 30 minutes before eating.
Keep your balls in the fridge or freezer, depending on your preferred texture and how long you intend to store them for. I don’t know how long they will last in the fridge (I eat them too quickly!) but I’d guess a week at most.